Tuesday, January 24, 2012

what you need (i got it)

Well, this past week was fairly uneventful. Work has basically been consuming me, so I kind of shut down when I'm not there.

I have been working on reading [the Game of Thrones series, which I forgot to mention by name last time. It is phenomenal, and I highly recommend it. It's a crossover hit.] But I've also been doing some knitting. Zach misplaced his mittens, so I've been working a new pair for him (double layered, with a super warm fuzzy inside). Once I finish those, I'll post a picture.

Friday was my day off and I was actually super productive. Despite the snow, I was able to run a few errands (which including grocery shopping during normal people hours....seriously, it's like a whole different world). Then I super cleaned my apartment - it was a mess to begin with, but I also did a lot heavy duty cleaning. While I was doing that, I got a pot roast going in the crockpot and made a big dinner for Zach, our friend Ben, and I. They both worked until 11 and so I had pot roast, carrots and onions, garlic mashed potatoes, and buttermilk biscuits ready when they got done.

Saturday we celebrated Zach's cousins' birthdays by going out to dinner with his family, where Zach spilled an almost full "Freckled" lemonade on his lap. The spill included the sloppy strawberries in the lemonade, which then leaked into his shoes. I felt bad because it was a sticky mess, and it was also very cold out that night so he was probably freezing once we left the restaurant. Afterwards, his brother Sam came over and we all hung out for awhile.

I should have seen the spilled lemonade as a bit of an omen. Yesterday I went back to work and had a pretty rough day (in addition to it being the first day back from my weekend). Every new task I started went badly from the first step. My zone mate left after being there for only an hour, leaving me all alone to run everything for the 3rd Sunday in a row. Things just kind of piled up one after the other. But finally, my shift ended and I was looking forward to grabbing my leftovers (the aforementioned pot roast etc), and when I got to the breakroom, I discovered that...duh duh duhhhhh....my lunch had been STOLEN. Two nice tupperware containers and 2 of the limited 5 or 6 forks I own, a full serving of pot roast, a giant container of potatoes, 3 biscuits, a yogurt, and 2 string cheese. Gone.

SERIOUSLY, who steals someone else's lunch?!?!?! [As you can tell I'm still upset.] That was definitely not a great start to my week, but I'm going to try to stay positive for the rest of the week, and I'm already feeling better.

PS. Don't take my stuff. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment