Tuesday, January 10, 2012

i reflect on my reflection

I didn't quite make the Blog Monday deadline, but I have a good excuse... I just had the chance to have a Skype date with my friend JoAnna who lives in China, and I have to take that chance whenever I can.

Currently I am sitting in my apartment, freezing. I am trying to save some money by keeping my electric bill low, and I forgot to turn the heat up when I got home from work so I've been sitting in a breezy 62 for nearly 2 hours. Oops!

Not much new is going on. This week has been a pretty stressful week between work and stuff going on outside of work, but I survived through the weekend. It was the first weekend where I didn't have something going on out of town, so I actually got to sleep in a little bit on Saturday. I have also been able to reconnect with Marley which was long overdue. Even though we live less than 10 minutes apart, my work schedule and her school schedule forced us to take a lengthy (4? 5 months?) break. I finally saw her apartment for the first time two weeks ago, and she finally saw mine last weekend (even though we both moved in August), so its been nice to reconnect even though it only means a few hours together.

I'm trying to get my personal time back in order again too. The holiday season kind of throws all routine out the window. I was scrambling to get presents made and had 4 separate holiday gatherings in December, so things like relaxing and working out ceased. I've been trying to get back to the gym a little more (I don't have many excuses to not go, since it's across the street, but I still find a way to skip...) I've also been able to finally do some reading which is really nice. I'm in the middle of the fourth book of an amazing series right now, and it continues to get better and better and I never want to put the books down. It doesn't help that Zach and one of our best friends, Ben, are reading the same series and are a book ahead of me. It's such an epic series that they can't help talking about it. Anytime the three of us get together, I have to plug my ears or leave the room for 5 to 10 minutes just so they can discuss.

With that being said, I'm going to go curl up in my super warm, cozy bed (with flannel sheets and 2 down comforters!) and try to get some reading done.

No comments:

Post a Comment