Monday, May 2, 2011

and now i don't know how to stop

Since I missed a post, I'm going to do 2 this week. Right now I don't have the mental energy to get through more than one, so you'll have to deal with my update from the week before Easter.

Life has been a little bit hectic for me the past few weeks - just a lot of stuff going on, in a lot of different places, and quite frankly, it's a bit exhausting. Thinking back on it, I can't remember much of the week - I don't know whether thats good or bad. I do remember feeling like there is never enough time, which is a definite theme as of late.

The weekend was where it was at - full of Easter meals and birthday celebrations.

Friday was Zach's birthday, so I made a nice big breakfast for him [at our breakfast time of 2 pm...] That night some of his friends had people over in honor of his birthday, so we went over there for awhile.
Saturday morning I had to get up semi-early to go to Hartland for Easter brunch with my dad's side of the family. It was nice to spend time with everyone there, even though it was only for a few hours. Saturday evening I had to be back in Madison for a birthday dinner with Zach's family (including his twin sister).
Sunday morning I was up realllllllly early to be in Oconomowoc for Easter with my mom's side of the family - and more importantly my Mommy's birthday!!  I hope my mom actually enjoyed her birthday present because it was a bit silly. But all she said she wanted was a cheese grater, and Alyssa had already bought that. So I got her something to go along with the grater - CHEESE! I barely made it through the day on Sunday though, which was the bad part. I couldn't make it through the afternoon without a nap. I got up at 730 in the morning, which is brutal when my usual bedtime is around 5. And to round out the day, I had to be back in Madison that afternoon for a full day of work.

That was my whirlwind weekend - 2 birthdays, 2 Easters, 2 2-hour round trip car rides, and 2 nights of barely enough sleep. I am very happy to have survived through that weekend, and now that it's over, I've been trying to avoid any plan-making at all.

Alright, I'm off to do some reading before I turn in very early for bed. More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment