Monday, March 7, 2011

scream and light up the sky

I apologize. I skipped last week. I honestly tried writing - I even have a draft from last week! But it was just boring, and I couldn't put it up. So I will pack the past two weeks into this one post, which should be easy because there has not been a terrible amount of excitement around here. 

The weekend before last I got to go out to breakfast at Hubbard's which was amazing [as usual]. I've been trying to cut down on my trips there, so it was a treat to go - especially because of the company [and I got a chocolate shake!]. I went with my friends Steph, Andy, and Zach (and little Jake of course who is starting to say my name, and even though its not exactly right, it is terrrrribly adorable). We stretched it out and spent a few hours eating awesome food and chatting, and it was a great way to start the day. 

I have also started a new painting - another addition to the wall in bedroom. I got most of it done the week before last, but I've been pretty busy this week, so I haven't really had a chance to finish it, so that will be my goal for this upcoming weekend. I'm not going to go into detail, because I will be putting a picture up as soon as I've got the painting done. [It's had a critique, and now I've got to go in and do some detail work and finish up the background.] 

This past week was a weird week, because I called into work on Tuesday (my Wednesday) which sort of threw the rest of my days [but it was totally worth it.] It was a beautiful day on Tuesday, and Zach and I went to the zoo and hang out with the animals for awhile. It was nice to be able to walk around outside for a few hours with just a sweatshirt and jeans on. [Although I wasn't wearing weather appropriate shoes, and my feet were soaked and cold by the time we returned.]

On Wednesday I had a hair cut and color appointment. My hair is much darker and I love it. There is also a section of blonde in the front that will be there for a little while at least [there will be more developments to come on that]. I will have to post a picture at a later date because I don't have one yet, and I can't take one right now because I just got home from the gym. Yuck. Plus I got a haircut which was nice because I've been cutting my own hair since last summer, so it was definitely due for some professional work. 

I spent the weekend relaxing, which was nice since I tend to jam pack my weekends full and wear myself out. Friday morning I had some appointments, so I started the day out a bit earlier than usual [bright and early at 1030 am]. Afterwards I spent a few hours running some errands and then I came home and super-cleaned. I am not exaggerating when I say super-clean. It was a 5.5 hour project and it involved washing the blinds, washing the walls, reorganizing the pantry....it was exhausting but it felt realllllly good to have everything so clean at the end of the day. 

Saturday I didn't have anything to do until later, so I caught up on a bunch of sleep. I passed out pretty early on Friday night after my cleaning escapades, and I slept really well which was long overdue. I spent Saturday running more errands. I also went out to dinner and had some really awesome Mexican food along with some delicious margaritas [mango and strawberry, but I preferred the mango].

And finally today it was back to work. Luckily this week should go pretty fast. Alright, I think I'm all caught up, and again, I'm terribly sorry for missing last week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment