Tuesday, February 22, 2011

the good that won't come out

My world has sort of been a mess as of late. Its been really hard for me to keep in touch with people lately, and I'm not always the best at dividing my attention between people. For example, its very easy for me to get caught up with my friends at work, because I'm guaranteed to see them on a regular basis while we're at work. Outside of that -especially because my schedule is so opposite most people's- I've been feeling a lot of the stress that comes from not being able to see or talk to some of you as much as others. That being said, I apologize if I have fallen out of touch with some of you. It is not at all intentional, and please don't take it personally.

This week was a bit hectic. As most people are aware, Madison has been pretty crazy this past week with all the political stuff that is going on. I am decidedly apolitical, so this is a bit out of my realm. But I know a lot of people [my parents, for example] who are very closely affected by what is going on, whether it is that the bill personally affects their own union rights or whether their job entails them to be at the protests. It is a constant thread of discussion everywhere I go [especially at work, because I work with a lot of very politically minded people].

This weekend was particularly busy. On Friday I went out to lunch with a friend. [We wanted to go to a a really good burger place off of State St. but weren't able to get in because it was packed with protestors.] Afterwards, I went home and took a nice, lonnng nap which was very overdue after the busy week. Saturday I had to be up early (for me) to meet Marley for coffee. That was one of the most personally important events recently, because Marley and I have not been able to see or talk to each other much over the past three weeks. We chatted for almost 2 hours, trying to get caught up. It was just so nice to be able to see her. Afterwards,  my mom came down to spend the afternoon with Alyssa and I. We ordered pizza and breadsticks and hung around at my apartment for a few hours. Saturday night was especially exciting, because Steph, Lisa, Alyssa, and I got together to have another Sisters Night! We've been wanting to get together to go out for a drink now that Alyssa is 21. So we went out to a bar downtown famous for their Fishbowls. We shared one of those and went out for some burritos before heading back to Alyssa's house to hang out for a little while longer.
Me, Lisa, Alyssa, and Steph


As usual, I was sort of looking forward to my work week starting again,  because it means a little respite from my crazy weekends. Work is going to be pretty busy this week, and it'll be followed by another intense weekend of plans, so I am going to try and get a bit more sleep this week. ;)

I am off to do some reading [which I am way behind on] while I finish up my glass of pinot grigio.

No comments:

Post a Comment