Tuesday, March 15, 2011

plum passion

This week was another weird week, because my schedule was thrown off a bit. Wednesday was Marley's 21st birthday. [Happppppy Birthday, Marley!] So I left work early and joined her family and some friends for dinner at a barbeque place downtown. The food was awesome - ribs, mac and cheese, fries, spicy cornbread...yum! Plus the company was pretty good, too. Afterwards we went out for a few drinks. At the first place we went, they were having karaoke, and there were quite a few... interesting ...participants. 


On Thurdsay, I finally got to finish dyeing my hair! If you remember, I dyed most of my hair darkdarkdark, but there was just a section in the front that was bleached. But I really missed having color.....a lot. So......

PLUM PASSION!
The interesting part about this color is that it changes quite a bit depending on what type of light I'm in. At work under the fluorescents, it looks a lot bluer. At home under warm light, it looks a lot more purple. Either way, I really like it. Much better than the blonde, and even better than the turquoise. Plus it looks really nice with the dark color.


Friday I got to spend an entire afternoon with my wonderful, awesome, entertaining, pretty, funny, perfect sister Alyssa! I picked her up and we met Steph and Jake at Hubbard for lunch. We had an awesome time - Jake has a natural talent for keeping us entertained. We actually spent almost 2 hours just chatting. The time absolutely flew by.  It's always the time with the ones you can't get enough of that seems to pass in a millisecond. Afterwards Alyssa and I went on a mini-shopping trip. When we got to the register, we got into a minor dispute [it wasn't even a dispute so much as me getting confused and Alyssa getting annoyed when she tried to explain something to me]. Our cashier started laughing and finally said, "You two are sisters, aren't you? Yeah, I knew you had to be family...you actin just like me and my daughter!" [I also got to go over to Steph's on Friday night for awhile which was reallllly nice. Thanks to Steph's husband, Chris, for letting us have a girls night!]

Saturday I got super spoiled. My mom came to town and took Alyssa and I out to lunch! We also went to a bookstore where I purchased the Complete, Fully Illustrated works of Lewis Carroll. It is a beautiful looking book, and I've actually never read any of his works [Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Through the Looking Glass, etc.] AND my daddy stopped by to say hi on his way through and brought me chocolate custard with raspberries on top! Saturday evening I had the apartment to myself so I finallllly finished the painting I've been working on. It is one to go along with the collage I'm planning for my room, so this one is all in blue. It features me with my friends Jenna and Natalie from one of the most memorable nights of my life.

"Mayhem at the Marriot"


Sunday was back to work, and here I am. I am hoping to catch up on some stuff around the house this week. Cleaning, bills, taxes...all that fun stuff. But I do have two knitting projects to work on, which I especially enjoy because it means I get to watch episode after episode of 30 Rock.

Alright, I am just finishing up my cup of Sleepytime tea, so I am off to bed.

[And a very special friend is away on vacation right now, and I'm a little sad and pretty lonely, so come back soon!]

3 comments:

  1. *LOVE* your hair! You gorgeous lady, you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the plum...it's perfect! And the painting turned out amazing! You are so so so talented. Let's get together soon, mmmk? <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Dad is soooooo awesome...
    And, he has a puppy.

    ReplyDelete