Monday, December 20, 2010

the summer that punk rock broke my heart

 The lucky part of this week was that I was able to get together with a lot of different people, which was nice after having to cancel all of my activities last weekend.  On Friday I was finallllllly able to see Marley which was like finding the last missing piece of an extremely intricate puzzle. We started out with a wintertime photoshoot.  [If I haven't mentioned it before, Marley and I like to go on adventures to take a bunch of photos. Our last one we went to a corn maze and then carved pumpkins and baked pumpkin pie.] So this time we went to the Terrace at the Memorial Union which overlooks Lake Mendota. With the wind blowing off the lake, ice forms in really amazing, intricate patterns. 
Awesome Ice Formations

Pretty!

I just like how white my teeth look :)

All pictures courtesy of the lovely, amazing Marley W.

Afterwards we were a bit chilly so we went to a coffee shop and had some bakery treats and drinks and talked for a lonnnnng time. [Marley has been pretty much bombarded with school lately, so we haven't been able to talk at all.] Then I went to the Art department at the UW with Marley so she could she me her drawings from her Life Drawing studio this semester. I was also able to see her woodworking projects earlier in the day and was absolutely blown away by how amazing everything turned out.
Friday evening I went to Steph's soccer game. A few of our other co-workers also play on her team, so it was nice to see them outside of work. Afterwards I went to a bar on the east side of the Capitol, to my friend/coworker's birthday party. 
Saturday I puppysat for Rooster [because he is spoiled]. We went for a nice long walk and snuggled. Then I baked a pumpkin pie and did some grocery shopping for Alyssa to get to her through finals week. Afterwards some friends and I went to a punk rock Christmas show at one of the venues downtown. I haven't had many chances to get out to live shows much this year, so it was nice to get out for a night of music. 
Speaking of music, I have recently "discovered" Frank Sinatra, and I am absolutely in love with him. The downside of having such young parents is that I wasn't ever really introduced to that era/style of music. So I have been listening to the Frank Sinatra station on Pandora which includes all kinds of artists like Ella Fitzgerald, Nat King Cole, Louie Armstrong, Tony Bennett etc. As most of you know, I love music and really appreciate all kinds. Its very exciting for me to come across something new that I love so much. Unfortunately, I don't own anything from that genre so I will have to save up so that I can pad my music collection. 
Well, it is getting to be close to bedtime. I'm going to snuggle into bed and read for a little while. Hope everyone has safe travels and a wonderful Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Yay Frank Sinatra! I have a cd of his "greatest hits" or something like that that you can burn! I'm sorry we couldn't get together before Christmas, but I definitely want to afterwards. Love the ice picture. Love you. Happy Holiday's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Rooster came over to babysit for you.... cuz you're spoiled.

    Yup, you like all kinds of music except the kind your dad likes. Those just annoy you.

    Love you very much.

    ReplyDelete