Friday, March 1, 2013

2013 Book 2: A Feast for Crows - George R.R. Martin

Book two is complete!

Again, this is a re-read, and I'm finding it really hard to write a good "report" without spoiling anything, because there is SO MUCH GOOD STUFF in these books! The first time I read this one, it took me quite awhile. The plot seemed a lot slower, I think mostly because there wasn't as much super intense action as the first three books. It was definitely a slow build, and the first time around, I was kind of taken aback by that in comparison with the others.

The second time around, I was almost shocked by how exciting it was! Partially, I think its because I'm picking up so many of the small details this time around. And I already know what happens in the next book after this, so all of those tiny details which didn't seem important the first time around are suddenly vastly important. Ultimately, this book was so much better than I remember.

Here's a short section from the book that I particularly liked. The quote is from a really great character, who is incredibly wise in so many ways - even in the simplest comments.

"'[...] we tremble on the cusp of half-remembered prophecies, of wonders and terrors that no man now living could hope to comprehend...or...'
'Or?' said Sam.
'...or not.'"
There is one more book currently out in the Game of Thrones series, and I do plan on re-reading it, but I'm going to take a break for a little while and read some other things. I've already got a pretty large list of things to read, but if you've got any suggestions, let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment