Monday, March 12, 2012

can't tell me nothing

Whoa. It's been awhile. And a lot has happened in that time.

So, I moved! That's right, despite my intense hatred for moving, I've done it twice in six months now. I loved my apartment, but I hated the management company and hated writing out giant rent checks every month even more. The office explained to me that I could get out of the apartment if they found someone that was willing to move in. I turned in paperwork in mid-January stating that I could be out by the end of February, but by the middle of February I still hadn't heard anything. Every time I brought it up to the property manager she said that they were "working on it" and would "probably have someone for March 1st." Expecting the worse (aka little to no notice) I prepared by getting most of my stuff packed up and moved. Finally on March 2nd, they approved the application for the new people to move in...on March 5th. I was sooooo glad that I had anticipated that, because there is no way I could have done every in just 3 days.

The best part is that I have officially been living with Zach for a week now! It is awesome to not have to split time between two places and plan where we were going to stay, and what we needed to pack with us and all that. And I am saving a ridiculous amount of money. Had I stayed at my apartment, I would soon be taking money out of savings just to pay my rent and bills, but now I'll actually be able to save!

That's pretty much all that has been going on. Work has been crazy and super stressful, and with all the moving and everything, I've been pretty busy. This last weekend was the first weekend where I didn't really have to do anything, and it was awesome. I did get some projects done: I sewed some curtains and I did a small tryptic painting for Marley for her birthday. [sorry, forgot to take pictures] Saturday I did a whole lot of nothing for most of the day, but did get to see Marley later for some birthday drinks. That was super nice since we tend to not see each other much once school is in session.

Now that the move is out of the way, I've been trying to get all sorts of other things in order. I did go to a financial seminar this morning through the Alumni association that talked about student loans, investing, and benefits and other fun adult stuff. It was informative, but a little scary at how much I've still got to figure out.

I've finally got some free time. Since I've been going a thousand miles an hour for the last month or so, I'm finding it a little hard to relax, but I've been reading a lot which was much missed.


Alright, off to snuggle up and read!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you're doing better. Pray for you and Zach every day.
    Love you lots.
    Gramma

    ReplyDelete